YouTube: An Insider's Guide
Alan Lastufka & Michael W. Dean
"This is the only YouTube book worth getting." - Lisa Nova (YouTube star, MadTV cast member, Maker Studios)
NOTE: This book was published over 10 years ago and most of the information is now out of date.
YouTube: An Insider's Guide to Climbing the Charts lets users in on some of the tips and tricks Alan Lastufka used over the years to garner millions of views on his videos.
But you'll find more than just information on YouTube, other topics include video shooting and editing techniques, how to make YouTube friends, work on collaborative videos, become a paid partner, and more.
The book also features interviews with popular YouTube creators LisaNova, WhatTheBuckShow, LiamKyleSullivan, nalts, vlogbrothers, fiveawesomegirls, and YouTube staff.
YouTube: An Insider's Guide received multiple printings an, while technically out of date, is still in print more than ten years later.
- What Is This YouTube of Which You Speak?
- Storytelling and Directing
- 99-Cent Film School: Shooting, Editing, and Rendering
- Creating Your Very Own Channel
- Broadcasting Yourself: User-Generated Content
- Rebroadcasting: Commercial Content
- Building Your Audience
- The Community: Where Do You Fit In?
- Hacking the System: How to Cheat (And Why You Shouldn't)
- Reaching the World
- Money Money Money!
- Beyond the ‘Tube
- Becoming a Success Story
- Closing Arguments
- Interviews with Other YouTube Rock Stars